Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Scrolling drum tabs

Since playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero I've thought that having a scrolling drum tab in the same style would be brilliant for learning to play new songs. Well fortunately I'm not the only person to think this and someone with some coding skills has actually mocked up a working code to do this. It seems that at the moment it basically takes in a text file with a tab that someone has already written (I don't know what format would be required), and then you sync that up with the music from the song. It would be nice if you could just pass it the music files and it works out the tab, but that's probably asking a bit too much ;) Anyway, I'm not sure if the guy who wrote this code is planning on actually making a production version and selling it, but I'd definitely be a customer if he does.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, definitely.. Somebody should develop an iphone app for this purpose.. I really needed that and i started searching for and i saw your demand as well.. I hope some developer can do that.. I would pay lots of money for that kind of application :)

    ReplyDelete