Monday, December 15, 2008

Parsnip and carrot soup

Just thought I'd make a quick note of my simple recipe for carrot & parsnip soup (it really is that simple that I should be able to remember it and anyone else would quite adequately be able to invent their own recipe, but what is the internet for if not for pointless information - plus I've posted soup recipes before, so why not continue with it - plus, plus I don't need to justify myself to myself on my own blog!)

Ingredients:
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 parsnips
  • half onion
  • 1 clove of garic
  • fresh stem ginger
  • 250 ml stock (I used chicken, but you could use different stock if you want)
  • 125 ml single cream
  • nutmeg
  • lemon juice (a bit!)
  • salt + pepper
Method:
Peel carrots and parsnips and chop into small pieces. Finely chop garlic, ginger and onion and put in saucepan. Sweat off onion, garlic and ginger in a little oil. Add carrots, parsnips and stock, and as much lemon juice, nutmeg and seasoning as your tastes require. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins(ish). Take of the hob, stir in the cream and then puree with one of those electric spinny-bladey things. Pour into bowl and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment