Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's on!

Australia is still treating me well despite a few days of cold rain - well I am British so I should be able to deal with that! The conference has been pretty interesting so far and has given me some things to think about. I've even had some interest in the poster I presented. We have this afternoon off, but there are now other things to plan. Myself and two of my bandmates are over here and have managed to organise a gig at an open mike night tomorrow night. Unfortunately they don't supply any percussion, so I'm off to buy something to bang or shake. We've already found a musical instrument shop, but I've got to decide on what I'm willing to spend for a one off performance. I think the gig might set a new world record in being the largest gathering of gravitational wave physicists at a musical performance as quite a few people at the conference have said they're coming - we'll see how many actually turn up.

1 comment:

  1. ROCK THOSE AUSSIES SOCKS OFF!!! SOON THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW AND FEAR THE NAME CORPSE FULL OF BEES/LOOK UP FOR DANGER!
    Also, make sure the GWers are suitably impressed!

    ReplyDelete