Saturday, May 05, 2007

Driving nowhere

The last couple of times I was in the US I saw quite a lot of adverts on Fox TV for a new show called Drive. It looked as though it could be decent, so when I got back here to the UK I started downloading and watching the show. It stars Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame, as the character Alex Tully, and is also produced by one of Firefly's producers, Tim Minear. The premise of the show is that various people have been asked to become involved in an illegal cross country roadrace, that's been run for many years by a shady, unknown, organisation. There is a prize of $32 million for the winner, but the various characters have their own, generally more personal reasons for competing (e.g. to rescue their kidnapped wife in Alex's case,) and the races' organisers seem to have their own agenda's for the people they've picked to take part. I've fairly enjoyed the first four episodes of the show, and was starting to get into it, but little did I realise, until I tried to download the latest episode, that the show's been cancelled by Fox! Apparently they might air the remaining two episode at some unknown time in the future, or they might just release them online. Nathan Fillion and Tim Minear must be wondering why Fox (or at least the American public who apparently weren't watching the show) hate them so much as to cancel two of their shows!

In other TV related opinion:- I've been enjoying the latest series of Lost again. It's come good after a while where I was just getting a bit tired of the whole situation. The end of season 6 of 24 can't come soon enough in my opinion, as it's just got completely stupid - and I mean stupid even by the usual standards of 24! And what can I say about last weeks episode of Heroes (ep. 20 - Five Years Gone) other than it was fucking ace!

3 comments:

  1. I'd heard that Heroes is good. I must check it out. Where do you find all this time to watch TV though!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drive was cancelled because it was crap. They could have given it more time to develop but the huge publicity and endless adverts meant that this need to be an instant hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It only takes up about three hours of my week to catch up on the latest episodes. Other than the stuff I download I don't watch much else. That said I did watch 6 episodes of Space: Above and Beyond yesterday - mainly cos I was in hangover recovery mode and didn't have the energy to do anything but sit in front of the TV.

    ReplyDelete